Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

project 84

what up guys just saying hello to all. i've got an 84 F-150 that i'm going to put a 351w in this spring & i'm still trying to decide on the roller or non roller (leaning towards the roller)since i have to buy a shortblock. i'll be using GT40 heads shorty headers that i already have C-4 tranny and getting 3.55 gears ( currently has 3.08) haven't decided on that bump stick either. this will be a daily driver very little towing any ideas or comments. Thanks guys!

long tubes will come later. just not in the budget just yet. the engine builder offers many cams but i don't know which one to get the e303,b303 i want something almost equal to the compcam 35-420-8 this one just cost too much...

i was told the same thing but the comps cam is expensive so i'm trying to find the right grind to ask for.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
might want to use a c6, c4 not real strong with modified motors

well the other gear set in my mind is the 3.73 as far as the tranny goes the C4 that i have is in great shape. you all are saying stay a way the from the alphabet cams what should i use? i do want to keep the stock converter also..i'm not racing it but i do want the power.

the folks at summit recomended the Trickflow TFS-51402000 cam! what do you guys know about this one or has anyone tried it.

well the told me about the trickflow and the E303. the guy even replied again to say that he has used both cams with great success. i might try the trickflow cam but it has an operating range of 2000-5500 i kinda want something that's off idle to 5000-5500 but, we'll see

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts