Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

hub carnage!

racsan

4xford
took apart the hub that i broke, looks like the locking ring broke in 3 places and the splines on the axle shaft part where the collar slides onto have stripped a little, probly broke but still held breifly. saving up for the "good" warns. not much more through here vs the 180 mile markers that i had. too bad i couldnt get rebuild parts for the hub. the body is undamaged.
bustedhub001.jpg
bustedhub002.jpg
bustedhub004.jpg

racsan

4xford
got the new hubs a couple of days ago. went with the milemarker brand once again. even though there may be better hubs, if your going to have something break, why not a hub? i sure dont want to have to change a axle shaft or take apart the transfer case in the middle of winter. ( i have no garage) all in all a hub is the easiest thing to deal with when it come to 4x4 driveline breakage. i was impressed at how it broke, most hub failures ive seen involve the housing breaking clean off, this just broke the sliding collar and the splines were damaged a bit on the part that slides onto the axleshaft. if i could have got parts, i could have easily rebuilt it. as it is, i have a spare hub and a good spare housing.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts