Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

locating a steering gear box

I recently became the proud new owner of a '64 F-100. I've taken part in building many race cars and 4 wheel drives but ive never restored a classic. I am trying to find someone who sells a manual shift steering gear box or at least someone that can rebuild the one that I have currently. When I purchased this truck the gear box was taken apart, the worm gear jumps out... Its really a mess. If anyone knows of a good place farley reasonable, i would appreciate the website or phone number.

Hey thanks!

Yea, I tried Napa, they didn't have one. I did find "Texas power steering rebuilders" I he said parts for those are hard to find because of the manual shift, but he has 2 that are complete. I'll take it to him and see if we can piece one together. It sure is hard gettin it off the trailer everytime i need to work on it! haha.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Yea, I tried Napa, they didn't have one. I did find "Texas power steering rebuilders" he said parts for those are hard to find because of the manual shift.
Uh huh... :rotz: (sigh) This is BS. The gearbox, all the internal parts are the SAME whether an A/T or M/T.
The parts are obsolete, but all can be found NOS.

The two steering shaft bearings (C2AZ3571A) & races (C2AZ3552A), the sector shaft bushing (B8A3576A), the housing gasket (C3AZ3581A) and seal (C7OZ3591A) are the SAME as 1950/60's Passenger Cars.

The steering shaft & worm (C1TZ3524A), and the sector shaft (C3TZ3575G) are 1963/64 F100/250 2WD only.

All the parts are the same whether the truck has an A/T or M/T. Whoever told you different, doesn't know diddly-squat!

While NAPA may have the bearings/races/bushing/seal and gasket, they will not have the steering shaft & worm, or the sector shaft.

These parts were Ford Dealer parts only, were never available from autoparts stores.

C3TZ3504U .. Steering Gearbox Assy / Obsolete

Fits: 1963/64 F100/250 2WD.

GREEN SALES CO. in Cincinnati OH has ONE = 800-543-4959.

If you are interested in the individual parts, I can locate all of them, and just did recently for someone on another website.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts