Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help!!!

I have a 1981 Ford F100, 6 cylinder. My problem is that I am not able to start the engine. I replaced the plugs, wires, distributor, and recently put in a new ingition control module. But nothing has changed. Can anyone tell me what else to try? I am thinking about the solenoid switch, but don't want to keep spending money on the wrong things. Thanks in advance.

More info

It is turning over, just not firing. It has tried to a couple of times, acting like it wanted to start, but it never would. This all happened after the truck died on me going down the road, I was able to get it started again, but it died shortly after getting it home and never started again. It is getting fuel through the carb, I thought that might be the problem at first. Something is just not relaying the power right.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Its spark then your solenoid is fine cause thats what gives power to the starter. Get a test light and turn the key on but dont try to start then check and see if ya have power goin to the coil if ya have power there then check if ya have power comin out of the coil.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts