Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well I got some great news last night....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I get to pull my motor again cause I ****ed up my heads and now they are hydro locked. YEAH for me!

smiliecrybaby

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
WTH happend now?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Me rushing is what happened now. I got in too big of a hurry and forgot to clean out the pistons with the anitfreeze that got down there and locked the heads.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That's terrible news...hopefully there is no other damage like Randy said.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Its not cursed guys, Doc got excited and rushed a little. Happens to the best of us...
But Doc, if you want just trailer it up here, ill pull the motor and heads for you, for a small price. Say the title to said truck.... :)

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah it is Def. not the truck. It was my damned fault. oh well

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Sucks.

*You do have something else to drive, right? Or are you out your DD during this whole process, too?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have been without my DD for the entire time. GRRR Hence the rush to get it done.

Fellro

Staff member
Question: in what way are the heads messed up, and cant you simply remove the plugs to clear the cylinders? (may not be easy, but definitely easier than pulling the heads...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
The plugs just spin in the holes they are assuming they are mushroomed on the piston side of the head.

Pulling the motor is not that big of a deal really, only takes 3 hours to get out. about an hour to replace heads then 2-3 to reinstall. I could do it in a day, so I am going looking for heads in the morning...

Fellro

Staff member
Hadn't heard of mushroomed plugs before.. I used to be able to pull motors that fast, before my back went to crap.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
LOL I have pulled this motor so many damned times I have it down to a science. Niether have I so I am going to look at it when I get it home.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts