Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cab Off Repairs

This is just a silly question to the techs. Has anyone heard of or done a cab off repair on an Excursion, or are you pretty much stuck with working on them the "traditional" way?

Rusty Shackleford

Certified Ford Tech
This is just a silly question to the techs. Has anyone heard of or done a cab off repair on an Excursion, or are you pretty much stuck with working on them the "traditional" way?

Personally, I find cab removal a total waste of time... but it can be done, keeping in mind the cabs are substantially heavier than pick-up cabs, and require removal of seats and carpet to gain access to the bolts.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Its really a matter of personal preference. I would look long and hard for other methods before body removal on an excursion. Some guys got so fast at removing cabs, that they want to pull them on anything. There was a discussion about cab removal on an f150 on another site. To me, thats too far. I can have an engine out of an f150 in a couple of hours.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts