Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Now a story about my Front

Get your attention again?

Well I wen to the dealer today, again. This is my forth trip because they can't figure out y my truck pulls to the left. They put it on the alignment rack again and guess what. It was in spec.

I told them BS I don't care about the spec. It pulls to the left and I have some cupping on the front tires. So I took the guy for a ride, let go of the wheel and the truck turned into on coming traffic. I think I got his attention, finally. I had been told that since it was in spec, it couldn't pull like that, but it did.

So they put it on the rack again. We all started pulling and beating on everything in the steering to see if we could find something loose. Low and behold we found (bear with me I am not good at steering parts) a bad end on the bar that ties the two front tires together. We moved it and it went out of spec. Then it came back in. So they think that is the problem.

Would that be considered a tie rod end? Like I said I haven't had much dealing with the steering components on the truck.

Now parts are ordered and we will have to wait and see what happens. Hopefully it will be fixed.

FFPEREZ

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Yes, that is a tie rod end.

Goose- Thats the second time I surprised you I bet.

blacksnapon

Staff member
The first thing you check before starting an alignment is looking for worn parts. Thats the most rookie mistake you can do!

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Yeah, it looks fat too.

Find a different alignment shop, and quick.

Just about the time I think I've got you figured out.......[confused]

Does your imaginary friend have computer access??
Same reason YOU have it, I guess:)

Checking he alignment when it pulls is natural. I am surprised, rookie or NOT, that there was no attempt to look beyond that on the spot!

Kind of like a "no-start' situation where they check the codes, VO, etc... and finally find out it was out of gas!

Well hopefully when the parts come in it will fix the pull. I have an allignment shop that I go to that I know the owner and he knows how I like my allignments to be set.

But since the truck is under warrenty I decided to take it to the dealer. You can see how long it has taken to fix. Next time I will just take it to my guy and pay to have it done.

Let the dealer fix what's broke. Alignment done outside the dealership will not void the warranty, so long as it's certified.

Well the parts came in, and went to the dealer yesterday. Put the new complete tie rod assembly on the truck, alligned it and took it for a test drive. Still pulled to the left, not as bad, but still left.

Took it back into the shop and put it back on the allignment rack. Tweaked it a little bit, and drove it again. Youll never guess what it did.

Still pulled left

So take it back in and move some tires around on the truck, one had a wear pattern that looked bad. Then took it for a drive again.

I couldn't believe it. This was the first time I had driven the truck and it hadn't pulled left. Was pretty excited.

Now the only problem is that during one of the allignments the steering wheel position got change so it is off to the left alittle bit. I think I can adjust that at the house though.

Just wanted to give you an update.

Must be frustrating, I know. Thanks for keeping us in the know!

It has definately been a trial of my patience. I told my salesman to order me a 2008 loaded up like my 2006 because if the problem didn't get fixed this time I was sending the truck back. Thank goodness they fixed mine. I am still not sold on the 08s yet.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts