Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel in Oil

Well just got my Oil report back and it is showing fuel in my Oil 2.5. I did just get back from a long trip 4300 miles to SD and back. towing my trailer, I ave11.5. Blackstone said to wait and see what the next Oil test shows. Any thought what it could be. Thanks

blacksnapon

Staff member
Most generally that ends up being a faulty injector.

How can you tell if it going bad, Beside fuel in the oil, ? noise or just ODC.

blacksnapon

Staff member
How can you tell if it going bad, Beside fuel in the oil, ? noise or just ODC.
If you have a misfire or rough running, thats the easy way to diagnose (look for the misfire, theres the source of the leak). But unfortunately, thats not a guaranteed method. When the 03 had all their troubles, I was putting dye in the secondary fuel filter housing, commanding the fuel pump to run, and with the valve covers off, using a blacklight to see where the dyed fuel was coming from. Sounds like yours is a slight leak, so, its not going to be easy to locate.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Hammer on it 'til it breaks. That's how I found the weak spot in mine! :D

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Depends....

1) Vince (Blacksnapon) could be right... injectors.

2) Could also be the way you sampled your oil?
a) Did you start up your motor just before draining (in or out of garage)?

b) Did you change your oil after driving for a while and then drain in your driveway?

c) Did you drive a short distance that same day and maybe did not burn off the moisture or fuel in your oil?

d) Maybe take another sample and send in for analysis (Blackstone could have made a mistake)?

Basically, a quick 1 minute start in or out of your driveway will create a false positive.

OK thanks for the infor, I want to stay on top of this my warrenty is up in
20k and will let ford fix it if needed. Thanks again.

Well today I check for codes, No codes found, I used to get a P401 for the disconnected Egr, But I have pulled out the throttle body which was wired,
so the truck may be in default mode. I'll wait and see on the next oil report.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts