Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

opinions on 351 cam and engine set up

Im running a 74 351W and if im not mistaken you cant run hydraulic roller cams without a kit.

My question is can i run a this one. http://compcams.com/Cam_Specs/Browse.aspx

the part number is 35-226-3. Im lookin at the cam as a whole kit.

Im doing all my research before i start my wallet on a diet. Im gonna be getting a edelbrock performer rpm intake ( i guess, any suggestions?), a holley truck avenger 770 cfm carb.

Gonna get this 408 stroker kit

http://www.fordstrokers.com/ford-st...rotating-assemblies/351-windsor-stroker-kits/

Thinkin about some trick flow twisted wedge 170s

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TFS-51400004/

how does that sound do yall? Im not to educated with engines. so I guess Ill see how stupid i might look. lol

thanks for your help

You getting the street fighter kit? Also did you ever talk to Jay about the cam??

IIRC, you need link bar lifters to run a roller cam in a non roller block..

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
When I built my 408 I used Trickflow track heat heads, I recomend switching to trickflow pistons also, the company that sells the kit may allow you to do that for alittle more $$. I also ran the .512 lift camshaft and it sounded nice! If you have a automatic I recomend a high stall converter though the power range was 2500 to 6000 rpm if I remember correctly. I ran a victor jr intake and a 800cfm edelbrock carb. The engine was awesome, was pushing over 500hp..

jay wont respond to my emails, so apparently im no good to him..my money can go some where else. Cause im tryin to get this done fast.

ill check on the trick flow pistons, id rather have some pistons from the same company for the same heads.

Im running a manual T18, im lookin for alot of power with my short little gears...ima be shiftin every three seconds lol.

D-KUZMAN where was your main power in the RPM's i dont want a screamin windsor. im lookin for about 6500 rpm peak. Ill probably limit it at about 7200 hoping that my main power band will be around 35-4500.

I am the president of 2 rather large truck and jeep clubs and i go to alot of meets and everyone starts their engines and playes around (you know how it goes) and I basically want one mean idle.

Do you know the part number or grind number for that cam. I dont knopw jack like i said about specs for engine parts. But im learning as i compare parts.
ok well as i type this i will let you know that i am very much so under the influence of alcohol here in korea. so having said that i will say this.

I have one HOT chick (dont know how i got her either) with a pretty little engagement ring on her finger...she likes my jeep. So I want to be able to whomp on the pedal in 3rd (basically 2nd, has granny 1st) and scare the buhjeezis outa her, especially for that type of vehicle. In the jeep world, the jeep is compared to a brick that is powered by a hampster....I want my brick to be powered by a herd of pissed off hampsters. Does that make sense? lol

Thanks for your responses

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
The power range was 3000 up to about 6000rpm, I don't have the specs of the cam anymore I sold the engine and all the paper work went with it. But something makes me think the cam your looking at is the same one I was running. Well with the engine in my Mustang I could stomp it and spin all gears (except 5th didn't want to blow the tranny) so im sure it'll work out in a Jeep. If your gonna talk about HOT chicks here we need to see some pics LOL ........

I might be able to arrange this for yall. If ya'd like, But i dont want to get the ban hammer so no newdies lol.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts