Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford truck magazine? Ford truck model kit?

Is there a Ford truck magazine published? and also is there any plastic 1/24th or 1/25th scale models of F150 in the 7th gen? Jim

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good question...I'd like to know that too. I know Ford Truck World used to produce a quarterly magazine, but I haven't seen that in about 4-5 years. As for scaled models, yeah they have some...hopefully user Mi1lion can point you in what direction to find them.

you'd think with Ford being the top truck in America , somebody would publish a mag dedicated to just Fords. And when it comes to plastic models I would think alot of guys would have built models as a kid, and still do maybe and would like to customize a scaled down model of their truck. Jim

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
All the ones i've never seen that people had were very old, like from the time the news were new..
I for one have never seen one at the hobby shops I go to allot..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
you'd think with Ford being the top truck in America , somebody would publish a mag dedicated to just Fords. And when it comes to plastic models I would think alot of guys would have built models as a kid, and still do maybe and would like to customize a scaled down model of their truck. Jim

Very true...but I think with the 'bling' mentality of society today, there's just not an appeal for older rigs to be in mags, and not enough material on new rigs to warrant a magazine. I feel the same can be said when it comes to model vehicles. Although I know there's a manufacturer out there that will produce the models if they can get an order of 500, however the name escapes me right now. I do know though, that if you spend some time on ebay and are patient enough, just about any model you could imagine will show up eventually.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
There were plenty of Dentside plastic models made.However,you have to find them first.No company makes them new anymore,so you'll have to search on Ebay or other sites that specialize in out of poruction models.Try modelroundup.com.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
There were plenty of Dentside plastic models made.However,you have to find them first.No company makes them new anymore,so you'll have to search on Ebay or other sites that specialize in out of poruction models.Try modelroundup.com.

thanks for making that post shaun. ive been looking for that site forever and have not been able to remember the name till you just posted it.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
i havent seen any gen 7 models... but it'd b cool to have a identical model of ol' blue......if hafta rough it up a lil tho it i want IDENTICAL... and i havent seen any ford truck mags either.... mayb ftf should look into their own mag ;) id b one of the first subscribers....and if there was a f series magazine i doubt they'd hav older model pickups.. with todays mainstream media mentallity of old bein bad and new is good... there doesnt seem like theirs any one for an older truck mag to appeal to... they know us die hard ford truck fans would b in the market but we arent a large enough demographic for them to care about

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
i havent seen any gen 7 models... but it'd b cool to have a identical model of ol' blue......if hafta rough it up a lil tho it i want IDENTICAL... and i havent seen any ford truck mags either.... mayb ftf should look into their own mag ;) id b one of the first subscribers....and if there was a f series magazine i doubt they'd hav older model pickups.. with todays mainstream media mentallity of old bein bad and new is good... there doesnt seem like theirs any one for an older truck mag to appeal to... they know us die hard ford truck fans would b in the market but we arent a large enough demographic for them to care about

I've seen an 80-86 Bronco before.If you want a gen 7,you're gonna have to do some modifications.You could probably just swap the front clip of the bronco model onto a gen 8 or 9 model as well as the wheel wells.But then again,the Bronco kit is rare,so it wouldn't make too much sense.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts