Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Would these fit?

my chebby c20 has 16x6 rims, current tires are 215/85-R16
I'm looking at the BF goodrich A/T 235/85-R16.

the 235's are listed as fittin on 6-7" rims.

WARNING:!! Fast drunken math ahead!

going by numbers listed, this would add 1.6" to the total diameter of the tire and the speedo would be off by 4.5% (speedo says 100, but I'm really at 104.5, even tho the speedo tops at 85... LOL)

I need better gripping tires for all-terrain. I commonly pull onto muddy, wet, (and coming soon) Snowy terrain for loading/unloading. Getting stuck fast is no fun.

Also, whats the difference between these top two? I cannot find any differences other than price and availbility.

Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Other than the second one having 2 or fewer tires in stock and the second one's tread width unlisted...no difference I can see. and yes they should fit unless you truck is unusually lower but even then they should fit easy as pie.

yah.... This thing in definitely NOT low. I have at least 5" clearance. And even after loading it down with ~2600 lbs of water it didn't lower more than 2 inches.

Can get a set for $320 installed, warrantee, etc. (I'm only doing the rear now, 2WD and gonna be a real Rednek truck when I'm done with it)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'm guessing that the cheaper two are a slightly different, discontinued design. I know that BFG has been coming out with some new tread patterns recently. The only difference I see is that the tire weight on the cheaper two is 47lbs, while the other is 49 lbs.

LOL, after looking again, the first clearance issue I would run into is the mud flaps. But if I guess right, even 33's will clear them.

But it isn't really clearance to the truck im worried about, it was the 6" on the rims. Replacing rims is not an option for 3 reasons:

1. I'm cheap
2. Finding rims with 8 lugs has been a challenge in itself. And they're pricy.
3. Combine 1 & 2

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You'll be fine,especially if it's just street driving...that's roughly a 9" wide tire, and tires are usually shorter and narrower than advertised. I've known guys to run 14.5" wide tires on 8" rims, as long as you're not doing something stupid, it should stay on the bead.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts