Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Sticky dash

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Now before any of you sick perverted types get a hold of this thread I have two words for ya all.

ZIP IT!:guns: :guns: :guns:

My truck came from the factory with a slightly "tacky" dash. I say that rather then sticky because it is not sticky to the touch but does collect every dust ball, rag lint, belly button lint floating through the truck cabin.

I have tried numerous things to clean it but none of them have panned out.

I know you guys are mechanic types and probably wouldn't deal with this type of thing but have you heard of anyone else bringing in their 06's with this issue? If so any solutions? Some folks over at TDG are also lookin for an answer.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
My 05 is much the same as what you are describing. I have recently tried the Armorall cleaning wipes, and they clean it very well. Much better than the windex or regular armorall protectant. It got a bunch of stains off the door vinyal as well. Was pretty impressed how well they actually work.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
My understanding is it is mold release agent from manufacturing and it leaches out worse in hot climates. i used 409 and multiple clean cloths to remove all the residue. Then i use 303 Aerospace protectant. 303 Aerospace protectant is far superior to Armor All.

The residue did return slightly after about 6-months in the heat, but it was much easier to remove this time and i re-apply the 303 Aerospace protectant each time i wash the truck. Hopefully the release agent is done leaching out of the plastic.
www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?...&Product_ID=428&CFID=3848980&CFTOKEN=59151271

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts