Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Mustang ?

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Since we won't be driving the Mustang we got on a daily basis is there anything different we should be doing to it?

It's in the garage and I use a car duster on it to keep the dust off and might eventually get a cover for it too.

Does it need any kind of fuel stabilizer or anything like that?

Probably be driven 1-3 times a week depending on weather and such.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
When we hit that 'cold snap' when there is snow and winter melter on the road, I'd just park it for a while... Fuel stabilizer isn't needed unless you're parking for a long period of time.

Ryan

Since we won't be driving the Mustang we got on a daily basis is there anything different we should be doing to it?

It's in the garage and I use a car duster on it to keep the dust off and might eventually get a cover for it too.

Does it need any kind of fuel stabilizer or anything like that?

Probably be driven 1-3 times a week depending on weather and such.
We???..........:rolling laugh:

Last edited:
put it in my driveway and give me the keys,(&title),, no further input needed from anyone. you won't be rideless.... you can use the astro to get home. i'll follow you home to make sure all is well. that's the kind of nice guy i am. i solve problems.

Just listen to the wife, read the lists, and keep her happy. she MAY let you drive it ONE of these days!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'd love to see some of these younger folks with a three on the tree. :D

there one in my garage. my 53 f'ie. even the older guys at the state inspection station didn't know how to drive it . i had to show them..

how about the old pujo's from france with 4 on the tree and a small diesel.my dad had one in the late 50's. that was a lot of fun!

or how about a b61 mack with a triplex trans? 3 over 5.you had a 3 speed spliter lever so you shifted each gear 3 times.like 1st 1-2-3 then shift the main box and return the spliter back to first.those who could shift it fast would use 2 hands and let the wheel go. now that was fun to drive for sure

the new drivers of rigs are spoiled by the simple 13 spd road rangers

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont

I bet I wouldn't have much trouble with it... Can't be any harder than a Model A, which has the same gear pattern (just on the floor) without the benefit of synchro's on second and third. (The Model A I drove most never even had a working speedometer, so double-clutching was ALL a matter of feel, too, with no gauges to cheat off of.)

ooohhhh so true. double clutching the old one's built before ww2.
and yes the old h patttern with rev left and up and a non syncro first right under it or no sync's at all .

care to drive my 66 with a dog clutch t5 in it?

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
I bet I wouldn't have much trouble with it... Can't be any harder than a Model A, which has the same gear pattern (just on the floor) without the benefit of synchro's on second and third. (The Model A I drove most never even had a working speedometer, so double-clutching was ALL a matter of feel, too, with no gauges to cheat off of.)

You should try a Model T with the 3 pedals!:rofl:

03Explorer

Missouri Chapter member
Just listen to the wife, read the lists, and keep her happy. she MAY let you drive it ONE of these days!

The new shocks got put on Tuesday and last week it got a new gasket on the transmission. He is suppose to put new struts on it soon. The list is dwindling down.

He has actually driven my baby more than I have.

Ford Truck Articles