Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

sliding rear window

does anyone know of a lock for the rear sliding glass i have an 06 f250 and it was broken into the other night:spank: through the rear sliding glass i'm looking for something other than the black plastic latch they popped off with a screwdriver or better yet one that actually locks:beer:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Try the local junkyard.I imagine the rear window is the same on most big fords from 99-present since the cabs look to be the same,so you might have a wide array to pull a latch from.If all else fails,try the dealer.If you don't feel like giving away your arm and leg for a replacement,make something.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Sadly, the next step is they'll just bust the window out. :( Nick just has his replaced in the Ranger- $255 installed for a privacy glass OEM slider.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
The only sure way to lock a slider is with a shim bar in the slider tracks. Kinda like how you put a cut off broom handle in a sliding glass door.

That's what I put in my truck.

The best advice is to make sure you never leave anything of value in the truck,and if you absolutely have to,don't let anybody see it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts