Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Goin' back close to stock!!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Alrighty then. We got the stock turbo back on today and took her for a test drive. Pulled out on the main road, got to 5 pounds boost and BOOM! Put a rod through the block!!

So, we're going to find out just how good this spare 2004 engine I bought is. We're going to keep the performance intake, the exhaust, the return regulated fuel system, the FASS 150/150, the Banks Intercooler and the ARP Studs.

Already sold the NOS system and the Water/Meth that I just installed. The 64mm Turbo is shot to crap. Still got the 2006 Turbo to put on the 2004 engine.

Bummin'!! I knew it was gonna hapen one day, but didn't think it'd be this soon. Well, I learned a lesson and soon as I can work some engineering things out, we'll soup her back up even better. I'll be in my third childhood about then!!

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
ROD THOUGH THE BLOCK! OMG! Just how fast WERE YOU GOING on the street ;) That sucks though man. Sorry your engine is fragged. You going to be able to build your new engine out of the parts out of the old one, are you going to have to buy all new internals? I'm SURE you're going to have to get the crank machined as well as new rods..............

This is gonna leave a mark..........

Gunner

blacksnapon

Staff member
Hey, Todd, MY RANGER STILL RUNS!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
ROD THOUGH THE BLOCK! OMG! Just how fast WERE YOU GOING on the street ;) That sucks though man. Sorry your engine is fragged. You going to be able to build your new engine out of the parts out of the old one, are you going to have to buy all new internals? I'm SURE you're going to have to get the crank machined as well as new rods..............

This is gonna leave a mark..........

Gunner
Ah, this is still damage from the Drag Strip two fridays ago. It just became aparent tonight after we got some boost from the stock turbo that had to go one forthe 64mm non-VGT that I baked.

As for the engine. I have a complete running 2004 spare. :)

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
At least you have a spare.
BUT, we're not sure of the actual condition of the spare. My fear is that I'm gonna pay my buddy to swap these out and the spare will then blow because it's been sitting unused for over 6 months!! And we really don't know the condition it was in to begin with. We were TOLD it was running when pulled.

Yes, but the 56 is not in daily driver condition (yet). I cant drive it that far or that fast. With it...you enjoy the trip and don't worry about the destination.

I was refering to the explorer. So far (in my life) I have never blown an engine. Now...transmissions...totally different story.

BUT, we're not sure of the actual condition of the spare. My fear is that I'm gonna pay my buddy to swap these out and the spare will then blow because it's been sitting unused for over 6 months!! And we really don't know the condition it was in to begin with. We were TOLD it was running when pulled.

That is not good. I thought you pulled it from a running truck. :headbang:

Maybe between the two you can put enough piece together to build one decent one if the spare has problems?

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Dayum......

my sympathies. Kids are out in the driveway with Nick's buddies Silverado. Grenaded the Eaton Locker, and I think fried the clutches on the autoTrac running it in FWD after the rear blew out. If they can get the Rr end in, it can at least be driven as a 2WD. Crap, I know he runs it hard, but I've never heard of those kind of issues @ 75K miles. Oh yeah- truck got a tranny last month. Kids.....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts