Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my baby needs a dixie horn

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
okay ive decided its time to realize my lifelong dream n put a dixie horn on my 84...i found a kit from jc whitney for about 75$ any other places that might have it cheaper?...i dont want one of those horns with the bajillion other sounds...just dixie....so far the only one ive found is from jc whitney its a wolo brand horn....and i think im gonna relace my factory horn with dixie...or should i keep my factory horn and add dixie as an auxillary hornwith a button ill mount in the dash?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I had the JC whitney dixie horn on my old bronco. I think they were the only place that had them.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
okay...do you think i should replace my factory horn or just add dixie as an auxillary horn

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Wolo has good stuff I had one of their Bad Boy electric horns on my 76 and it worked really good I just had a button that you can get from checker mounted to the bottom side of the dash.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Make sure you get the right Dixie horn.Research is key.I've heard alot of low quality horns that play it so slow it ain't funny,and it's quite annoying.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
they have reviews of the wolo horn sound from jc whitney it sounds like the general lee's as far as tone and speed

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts