Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

carrier bearing

rambler

New Shoes......
got a 2000 F-250 superduty, crewcab, and sounds like the carrier bearing is going out.. constant squeaking from underneath, I know its not the brakes making the noise. how hard is this to repair/replace? been a great rig for me, with over 138K miles on it, with little issues, and would like to try to repair this myself. I've tackled this before in other rigs, but not a 250 4x4...

blacksnapon

Staff member
got a 2000 F-250 superduty, crewcab, and sounds like the carrier bearing is going out.. constant squeaking from underneath, I know its not the brakes making the noise. how hard is this to repair/replace? been a great rig for me, with over 138K miles on it, with little issues, and would like to try to repair this myself. I've tackled this before in other rigs, but not a 250 4x4...
Pretty much the same....remove driveshaft (the whole thing), separate halves after indexing (put them back the same way), then, creative hammer work.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts