Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

aquired a 79

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I just aquired a 79 bronco. It has a 460, c6 auto, 4" lift, 38.5 boggers, 10.25 rear, 44 front. I'll post pics tomorrow.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sounds like a nice little...err...big ride. Got plans on swapping out that 44? Or is it just gonna be a street rig?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Cant wait to see the pics, does it have 8 lug out back, and 5 lug up front? Or it has the 8lug 44 up front?

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
It has a 5 lug 44 in the front. One of my friends had it before me so i know the history of the truck.

I plan on swapping out the 44 for a 60. We had everything to do it but it was in the truck that got stolen several months ago. We had a full set of dana 60's sevral 44's and nine inches. Some one stole the truck that we had them stored in.

The truck needs a lot of work. It is all minor stuff. the first thing is a new gas tank.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's a pretty solid looking ride...how much did it take for you to acquire it? You planning on using that as a driver or mudder? If a mudder, I'd advise swapping out those 38.5x11 boggers, they do nothing but clog, not enough void in the tread pattern.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
My friend and I were in half on a mahindra tractor. I traded my half and a polaris 4 wheeler for it.

It will be a mudder. I figure that some one will need the tires. I want to put some 39.5 tsl's or 41" ltb's. it used to have 39.5's on it.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Sweet rig ya got yourself there.I think it needs more Cab Clearance lights though.lol.I've always wondered what a Bronco would look like with em,now I know.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Just noticed how well the 38.5's fit in there...and you said only a 4" lift...did you just me 4" springs...cuz I'm pretty sure I see a 3" BL in there too. And an overall 7" of lift would make waaaay more sense considering the clearance.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
It just has 3" body lift. I thought it had a suspension lift. It is still in a box at his house.

The body lift will be coming off. i also have plans for a full roll cage. When I swap in the 60 in the front I want to use cage extended arms. I'll add the suspension lift then. I want enough lift to clear the tires. I would even consider bushwacker cut outs.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Thats the best color combo lol, same as my 88 Bronk lol. Looks awsome, love it.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
The rust is confined to the hood i think. Once I get it cleaned up I will have a better idea. I plan on painting it silver to match my superduty. The bumpers and bottom body line I will spray with qwik liner bed liner. See my post in the e-series forum here http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15981. I also plan on spraying the inside of the cab. I will paint the cap black.

All that I have done with it is to load it up on my trailer and unload it. The engine runs good. 460 with an edelbrock carb. The axles are geared with 3.50's. So gears and lockers are in the plans after i swap fron ends out. If I remember correct the brakes need upgrading.

I also think that the front spring buckets have been relocated to give it a little lift. If it ever quits raining around here I will have a chance to check it out. I have access to a shop but my mother in law has it junked up.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks nice, not my favorite color combo, but still pretty sweet...
Also seems to have some rust.
How bad is the cancer?

You're nuts...red and white is the best color combo of all time...unbiasly speaking.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts