Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Rims and Tires for the Frankenford

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
well i picked some almost brand new rims and tires off the clunker at the junkyard

the tires are Goodyear Wrangler's and they are stock size, no more 33" tires for right now. im planning on buying new mud tires in november and putting those on the black rims i have and selling the BFG's

this picture is kinda crappy, but i wanted to take a pic of both tires on the truck, and the center cap isnt on the rear wheel
0925091352.jpg

this is how it looks now. ill get some better pics tomorrow
0925091821.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang...those rims are a huuuuuuuuge improvement...and I think I like the stance better on the stock sized tires. Sweet score.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Looks good!

I think I like the black wheels better overall, but the new ones do look nicer. YelloThumbUp

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah thanks guys. i think it looks SO much better right now. i just gotta get the lift springs (leveling) for the front and it will look a lot better. when i get the mud tires im going to put them on the black rims because i dont really care for the black rims. plus i dont have to keep the mud tires on all the time, ill just swap them on when i go mudding/offroading

Last edited:

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
Btw, where did your orange caution light go!? I don't see it! haha

i dont have it on there all the time. only when the truck is parked on the street when if im doing a side job landscaping, towing a trailer/car, or snow removal. its just a magnet mount

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
i dont have it on there all the time. only when the truck is parked on the street when if im doing a side job landscaping, towing a trailer/car, or snow removal. its just a magnet mount

Oh, I was under the impression you left it up there all the time. :p

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Looks cool.I liked the look of the bigger tires and black rims,but it's your truck so do what you want.I think it's because the truck is white,and the rims are chrome,and those two colors are kinda the same IMO.The black added a contrast to the white.You should add a two-tone stripe to your truck.....lol.j/k.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
Looks cool.I liked the look of the bigger tires and black rims,but it's your truck so do what you want.I think it's because the truck is white,and the rims are chrome,and those two colors are kinda the same IMO.The black added a contrast to the white.You should add a two-tone stripe to your truck.....lol.j/k.

i hear ya, i will be getting new mud tires for the black rims so dont worry too much. these news rims/tires will help me out BIG time in the MPG area and the power area. YelloThumbUp

thanks everyone, i also took a good picture of the truck today. this is how it looks right now.
0926091757.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts