Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Recall

Hmm...my brother told me they were going to. I guess my explorer is on the list now. I have not heard from ford yet.

I checked...mine has 12V without the key in the vehicle.

So, they will unplug my cruise while they wait a few months on parts?

I am not a happy camper at all.

Thats just to install that fused jumper inline with the switch, and check if the switch is leaking.

The recall will begin on August 13. Vehicle owners will have the cruise control switch, also called the speed control switch, deactivated as an interim repair. When new parts are available, which is expected to be October, dealers will begin installing new parts

I guess you know what you are talking about. "Deactivated" and "when new parts are available" sounds like shut off to me.

blacksnapon

Staff member
You can "deactivate" it as well, just unplug the switch. Have them order the parts, and just unplug it whenever you park it. It might be inconvenient, but you'll still have cruise.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Ford says they will begin the recall on August 13. There are NO parts available till October. The first trip to the dealer is to unhook (deactivate) the cruise cut off switch, activated by pressing firmly on the brake pedal. When the switch becomes available, you have to go back and have the new switch installed.

>>> This info is direct from Ford Motor Company by way of Automotive News.

Last edited:

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Thats just to install that fused jumper inline with the switch, and check if the switch is leaking.

The 12V circuit that's driving that switch is not fused? If so, I would say that's the main problem!!

blacksnapon

Staff member
The problem is that there is power constantly to the switch, if the switch starts leaking, any spark can ignite the brake fluid. Putting a fuse in, is a stopgap at best. A redesign is needed.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts