Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

engine swap

I have a 85 f-150 converted to a f-250. The Mule (name of my truck ) had a 302 and a c4 trans when i got it. I swapped it for 78 400m and a c-6 what I would like to know are there headers that will fit my truck?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Let me start off by saying, welcome!! and post up some pics of your rig if you want!

As far as headers, I wouldn't think they would be THAT hard to find, but you may have to modify a little to fit. I'm not gonna tell ya for sure though, cause I don't wanna steer you in the wrong direction.

Some of the other guys will post in here shortly I'm sure, and give you the right info! :nana:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Welcome to the site and YES there are headers for that truck..my 80 had a 351M in it with Hooker headers....Get some pics up of the truck and where ya from?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Seeing as your truck is a bit of a frankenstein, I won't promise there's a header out there that will fit with no problems, so take a lot of measurements. But on the cheap side, I'd start looking at Hooker. On the more expensive side, try looking at the Sanderson FC3's. Doug Thorley also produced headers for that engine and body style from 81-83...so you may get lucky and find some online. If all else fails, you should be able to have a set custom made for under $600.

Fellro

Staff member
Factory issue, the 80-82's ahd 400's available, so you should be able to find something. It also somewhat depends how you set up the motor mounts, as to whether you swapped in some factory towers, or if you fabbed up your own as to how well things will fit.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts