Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Installed some new guages...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Got some Equus guages Fri. and just got around to getting the battery guage and lights all hooked up. the next step is to get the oil pressure guage and water temp guage hooked up tomorrow. here are some shots of the them at night. (oh and get this, I got the dimmer wire on the first try!:nana: )
Green backlight to match everything else...
CIMG0270-1.jpg

Everything matches now....
CIMG0271-1.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks pretty good Doc...always loved the green backlight

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah with this new motor I want to be on the ball with the guages instead of the dummy guages that are in the truck. Thought about a trans guage but don't pull enough to justify it.

Looks great!

Where did you buy your gauges and gauge pod? I'm looking to pick up some new gauges sometime as well!

Thanks, love your truck! :D

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Looks great!

Where did you buy your gauges and gauge pod? I'm looking to pick up some new gauges sometime as well!

Thanks, love your truck! :D

Thanks I like them too.

These are very useful on long trips! Looks ok I guess, but why are they on the A pillar?

I ran the empty guage pod on the a pillar for quite a while before deciding on that area. I like it there better than on the dash somewhere.

That's a beautiful set up, i'd have to go for the blue gauges when the time comes :)

Thanks, next step is to finish hooking up the oil and water guages. (what a pain in the ***!)

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Thanks, next step is to finish hooking up the oil and water guages. (what a pain in the ***!)

Your welcome, i can say i've been there and done that, and it is a pain and makes you do this at times :headbang: just cause some of the gauges aren't very cooperative at times. I'm thinking when i progress on my engine, the pillar pod will be mandatory.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Wouldn't that also be handy when your out crawling slowly over some rocks though??

Todd you bring up a VERY valid point! I never thought about that...I may have to do that this week, since I am headed on the 19th.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I know I think I'm gonna tear into it and see if I can cover the bulb...

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
I know I think I'm gonna tear into it and see if I can cover the bulb...

Where there is a will there is a way!
Which reminds me i gotta tear back into my dash and solder the odometer and replace some of the stock bulbs, anyone know if there is a blue cover for non led bulbs? Cause led's in there are a :headbang: well at least the turn signals, check engine light, etc ones.
On a side note, Ford uses some bulbs that are covered with a green gel sorta material, might be a option for ya to change the color without a hassle.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts