Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Photos Purged

Very often, the photo accounts have been edited by the users, themselves.
Yahoo pictures accounts went away when Yahoo quit that service, photobucket accounts get deleted or edited (when you relocate a picture in photobucket, you break all previous links) etc.

As far as I know, there has been no "administrative" purge.
Sometime offensive or inappropriate pictures will be removed, as well.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Yep...every time I've seen missing photos in an old thread, they were originally hosted at another site.

So they disappear because either the user who posted them deleted/moved them, or the host did.

Yahoo pictures accounts went away when Yahoo quit that service, photobucket accounts get deleted or edited (when you relocate a picture in photobucket, you break all previous links) etc.

I didn't realize pictures would be deleted when I relocated others.I just deleted a few pics of things I had had on CL.'smiliedoh'

OOhhh well :rotz: << deep subject

Which I do from time to time...if a post pic isn't current, no longer relavent and when I need to cut back on storage.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Yep, all mine went bye bye when I deleted a hosting account. Hadn't thought I ever would, but things changed.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah when i reorginized my photobucket, i broke a bunch of links back back like a year ago

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh wow...I didn't know reorganizing your photobucket would break links too. I wanna know how many pics some of you guys have...I've got 20 pages of pics on my PB account at 25 pics a page, and only have 22% of my usage used up. I really only use my PB to post stuff on forums.

My Photobucket account is at Maximum.

If I get a sniff that someone has copied it and pretended it was theirs. I rename the main page making all previous the links worthless.

Webshots is good because people have to buy them to get them.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Webshots is good because people have to buy them to get them.

There are ways around it... shoot me a PM if you wanna know how ;)

Hopefully deleting one picture won't bring up the next in line. That could turn out embarrasing

It won't they are all listed under different file names.... whats fun is if sombody posts pictures straight from a camera, the extensions usually go in order - 888, 889, 890, 891, ect... so if sombody posts a bunch of pictures but only links to one, you can change the numbers to the the next picture.

Example: say a picture was www.photobucket.com/lalalalalala/000001.jpg

You could change it to www.photobucket.com/lalalalalala/000002.jpg and get the next image..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts