Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new truck

Hi all its been a while since i last been on. I bought a 97 ford ranger 4wd with a 4.0 with 77 thousand miles on it. I came to the conclusion that the previous owner beat the crap out of the truck heres what i had to replace so far. I had to replace the gas tank had a hole in it had to replace the o2 sensor and the thermostat. I also replaced the automatic locking hubs did a manual conversion while in the i had to fix one of the u joints on the front axle. I sure hope i have better luck with the truck now since i replaced all this i paid 5400 for the truck i think i got ripped off. I will get some pictures later since its dark out now they make any performance parts for the 4.0?

Welcome back! :)

:post pics:

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I'v always liked the looks of those trucks! Plus the dual antennas and toolbox make it look even better! Plus they take alot of abuse and beg for more ;)

Congrats on the purchase! lol

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Nice looking truck.

Maybe I'm biased, but in a lot of ways I like the '96-'97 Rangers best. For one big thing, I think they were the last best seats...and I like the front end styling and the deer-hoof wheels.

*Doesn't look too beat, and what you put into it doesn't necessarily mean it was abused, to me...with the exception of the gas tank (assuming its plastic like mine).

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
*Doesn't look too beat, and what you put into it doesn't necessarily mean it was abused, to me...with the exception of the gas tank (assuming its plastic like mine).

Agreed.

Gas tank could have been somthing simple to, such as backing up over a tree stump or somthing

Smashed96gt

Delaware Chapter member
Nice looking truck. Although I think the price was a little steep. I paid 1200 for my '93 4x4 ex-cab with a 3.0.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts