Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford extending powertrain warranty on all 6.0's?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
There is a thread going over at "The Diesel Garage" where a user is claiming to have heard that Ford plans to announce that they will be extending the powertrain warranty on all model year 6.0's to 200,000miles.
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44630

I find it hard to believe but has anyone heard any similar rumblings? Maybe someone in the know like a FORD employee or maybe a dealer that still has access to insider info...

hint hint vince, ernie et al...

blacksnapon

Staff member
I'll take a look!

blacksnapon

Staff member
nope, don't see anything. Even went to the parts manager, and he looked for any notices for him to stock more parts.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Started about 1 or 2 years ago when GM increased their warrenty on the injectors for their motors. Due to some issues they were having, they increased it (to what I do not remember). At the time, many Ford owners "wished" that Ford would do the same.

If I remember correctly, GM did it to save "face", customer loyalty and to maintain the used truck market/demand for their trucks & motors.

I wish it was true... but as our resident techs have posted... just an inter myth!!!
Oh well.... back to drinking and being unemployeed... :beer:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts