Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.4 recall

blacksnapon

Staff member
I guess I'm gonna get my chance with an injector recall on a 6.4. We have one on the lot. Just got the parts in ($1200 for the recall kit-$540 core charge). It affects injectors #1,#5, and #7. Then they have one scheduled in for loss of power Monday.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Whats the deal? I thought these new injectors were supposed to be the cats whiskers.............Do you think this had anything to do with the "flame jobs" that some of the trucks were doing out the tail pipe?

Gunner

blacksnapon

Staff member
Whats the deal? I thought these new injectors were supposed to be the cats whiskers.............Do you think this had anything to do with the "flame jobs" that some of the trucks were doing out the tail pipe?

Gunner
At the factory, three of the injectors had reverse polarity put to them (why I dont know). This happened to 3 thousand engines or so. The "flame jobs" so far, amounts to that one in the video (it had the end broken off the injector, dumping raw fuel uncontrollably). So far, other than fuel leaks causing fires, I dont know of any more flamethrowers (although several hundred have been rumored). The piezo injectors that were affected, supposedly have less fuel flow, causing rough running (the one I'm doing runs smooth).

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Is it possible that these injectors are changing polarity on their own?

Gunner

blacksnapon

Staff member
Is it possible that these injectors are changing polarity on their own?

Gunner
No, the piezo part is just like ceramic discs that deform when power is put to them. That deformation is what moves the mushroom valve inside the injector allowing fuel flow to the nozzle. The reverse polarity may reduce the deformation, not allowing full fuel flow. The important part is for the tech to change each individual fuel line every time the line is loosened or injector is replaced.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts