Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

86 460

What should the timing be at on my 86 F350 crewcab witha 4 speed?I have heard to put a 70's timing chain and gears to get a little better gas mileage out of it and get better performance out of it.And I need to run new vaccume lines on it too a diagram would be helpful.And what what lines can I delete?Thanks guys

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Id get a book on the truck like a haynes manual or somethin like that and itll tell ya. I dont know about 460s or id tell ya what it was.

I've had an 81 and an 88, own an 84 and have had struggles with each. From what I have seen, those settings change from almost year to year, along there. That makes me hesitant to TELL you what will work for you.
Does your year have fuel injection? IIRC, the 86 wasn't. Where is the ignition module on yours? on the distributor, or on the firewall?
As for the 70's gear and chain, I really do not have a clue as to how that will change a thing. Those valves have to open and close much the same as always.

I found out the timing should be at 8 degrees.And i got a Haynes and a Chilton.And it is Carb and the IG is on the distributor.Thanks guys for your inpu

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts