Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

tach installation on 2004 F150 4.6L V8

I'm trying to put in a dash-mounted Actron Tachometer in my '04 F150 that didn't have a factory installed tach. Older model F150's use the #48 pin off the PCM for the RPM feed that goes back to the tach. Can anyone tell me where to hook into the RPM signal feed in the '04?

Last edited:
welcome to the site

i'm sure someone will be along shortly that has more knowledge of your truck to help.

if you want to go the after market route, that's fine, but on the 92-96 trucks it's pretty common to just swap the stock cluster out for one that has a tach. if yours can do that, have any interest - or do you want to stick with your dash-mounted one?

i finally just called the manufacturer and they suggested getting a Tach Adapater/Tach Driver thats available through Ford Racing Parts. They said newer model vehicles don't hook up to after-market tachs as directly. Thats another $65 i didn't want to have to spend though. found a cheaper one for $33 online, about the same price i paid for the tach

Dieter621

Dieter621
NJ
welcome to the site

i'm sure someone will be along shortly that has more knowledge of your truck to help.

if you want to go the after market route, that's fine, but on the 92-96 trucks it's pretty common to just swap the stock cluster out for one that has a tach. if yours can do that, have any interest - or do you want to stick with your dash-mounted one?

I have a 2003 F150. Do you happen to know if I can swap out my original dash cluster for one with a tach?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts