Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

WOO HOO!! New TURBO BABY!!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I finally finished the install of the Pro-Street 64 Turbo I bought from Jeremy at LIPD. My initial impression is that it's a bear to install! Now please take into account that when mine was shipped, they really hadn't finished with their production version and they were rushing to get me mine in time for a race. Thanks to UPS, I didn't get it in time, but it is now installed. I would imagine that their final shipping units will come with instructions, though not really needed if you've at least removed your stock turbo before, and with some of the bracets already bolted up to the turbo. My turbo was drop shipped to me so they did get a chance to do that. I was told that I would need to have a stock Hot Side CAC tube since I have a Banks Intercooler, however, we couldn't makethe stock pipe fit, but the Banks Pipe did. I talked to Matt and he said that shouldn't be, but it is. My gain I guess.
So, driving impression. I could choose when ordering to go with a .70 or .80 housing. Matt thought that the .70 would be more street able and better for towing, so I went with that one. Now with all the other mods I have to date, I'd peg the 2000 degree EGT gauge at just over 1/8th mile. She ran VERY hot on the race tune and stock turbo. Tonight, she hit 35PSI boost and maxed around 1600-1650 at well over 100MPH, so over a 1/4 mile. Temperatures are much better now then. AND that's without the NOS on. The NOS should cooler her down some. The turbo lags just a bit more than stock, but not too much. One big difference, she doesn't whistle at idle anymore. It doesn't sound like a 6.0 now. I kinda like it.
So, the initial impression on driving is, a little more Turbo lag, but when she spools, you'd better have good tires and a firm grip on the wheel cause it hauls butt!!
:nana: YelloThumbUp :cooldude:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Congrats! Did you get to "bust some knuckles"? I know theres all kinds of room back there (like that 10 mm bolt back there)

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Yeah! Removing the old one was easier than getting the new one in. It sits a bit farther toward the front if you can believe that. I'll try to get some pics of it. The Hot Side CAC is damned near touching the alternator!!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Hey I just happen to know where there is a pull in about a week and a half! You could hook to the sled and see what kinda 300 ft time you can get!LOL

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Hey I just happen to know where there is a pull in about a week and a half! You could hook to the sled and see what kinda 300 ft time you can get!LOL
NO THANK YOU!! I punish my truck, but not that hard. She's a drag racer!!

Storm

Sigh.. Now I gotta get my rear in gear and get to the twin turbo setup so I can leave you behind ;-) LMAO

I'm glad you like it tho! Get some video's man.. I wanna see her launch!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts