Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Possible problems with the 360

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
First of all, I am pretty proud of myself that I got all the timing issues figgerd out on my own. (first time i have dealt with timing on my own)

The previous owner had it a tooth off, with the dizzy turned all the way clockwise with the vacuum advance up against some stuff to where it wouldn't go anymore, and it barely ran there.

So, it idles really nice, and runs nice and smooth, but when its revved up, it starts to pump oil out of the dipstick. IDK, tell me what is wrong with it. broken rings? just worn out? odometer says 10k, but who knows if its 110, 210, or what.

The oil level is right at the full mark on the dipstick (maybe an 1/8th inch over) after sitting all night.

Also, I cleaned out the PCV so I think its venting properly.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Rings will do it... My ex-girlfriend had a 302 that was doing that and it ended up literally burning a hole right through the piston - for some reason it was running very lean.

Ryan

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
talk about some awesome blow by.. mine did that when my engine got washed with gas and burned a hole in the top of my piston.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts