Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

repaint interior 69

not sure exactly where/how to start pulling interior pieces to start painting. This is my fathers truck and we made a bet that if i painted his interior this week he would stop drinking soda pop and drop a couple pounds. back on topic i already have the paint but am not sure if it would be easier to remove seat, dash and carpet and repaint while its still in the truck or if it would be easier to pull the pieces out and paint.:)

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
definitely pull the pieces out of the truck. that way you wont have any over spray and it will look a whole lot better being completely painted. any pictures of the truck?

oh and by the way

WELCOME TO THE SITE :wavey:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Seat is four 1/2" bolts, tank is 7/16" IIRC, pull the gauge cluster, radio (if it's still there), and the glove box, the dash pad is 3/8" IIRC, steering wheel is a bit of a challenge but comes out pretty easily just pull the bolts under the dash and the ones in the firewall. You can wrap the pedals to keep them from getting painted, pull the door sills and you should be able to pull the floor matting... Pull the front and rear glass if you can the front will be a pain if its ever been glued in... rear window is simple, mask the quarter glass off as those are a royal PITA to pull...

thanks for the info. and this mod has been officially put on the back burner. (he didn't hold up his end of the deal) also Im moddifying my own car a 94 pontiac grand am. and will paint the interior as soon as he quits "drinking" lol

thanks for the info. and this mod has been officially put on the back burner. (he didn't hold up his end of the deal) also Im moddifying my own car a 94 pontiac grand am. and will paint the interior as soon as he quits "drinking" lol

Ouch man, nevertheless, welcome to the site.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts