Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Any information wuld be helpful.

Hi folks, I have just purcased a 1973 Ford truck that has been converted to a camper. I got thellinois title and under Model it is blank. It looks like a bread truck, it has 2 slidng doors for driver and passanger, and 2 pull open doors in back. I was hoping to find out what style this is called. It is built on a 350 frame (1 Ton Dulley). Any how any information would be greatly appreciated.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
That sounds like some thing that was built out of the factory in a specialty shop.
Have any pics of it?

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Hi folks, I have just purchased a 1973 Ford truck that has been converted to a camper. I got the Illinois title and under Model it is blank.

It looks like a bread truck, it has 2 SLIDING DOORS for driver and passanger, and 2 pull open doors in back.

I was hoping to find out what style this is called. It is built on a 350 frame No, it is not! (1 Ton Duelly).
It's a P Series Parcel Delivery, similar to Chevy's Step Van. Ford offered the P Series from 1951 thru 1975.

There were three models: P350, P400, P500.

1000's were sold to UPS, Frito-Lay, Weber's Bread, and etc.

While it was once commonly refered to as a "bread truck," the P Series chassis was used by many early Motor Home manufacturers. Condor, for one.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts