Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need help with noise 2002 F150

My 2002 Ford f150 4x4 sport is making a loud noise, it sounds like a loud fan kicked in but i have never heard the noise before. It sounds like just a fan going like on an ATV when you run it long periods of time but i let it sit over night and it is still doing it. We also are having wet weather right now would that have anything to do with it?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
describe the truck a lil bit more if you dont mind. like what motor? is the 4.2 4.6 or 5.4? also how many miles? any mods done? this will always help get a more thourogh answer. and also welcome to FTF!! come on and make yourself at home here.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Can you locate the noise region while the truck is running?

Ryan

Sounds like a dumb statement, but if you have an e-fan controlled by a switch, you could've left it on. You didn't mention if you are the first owner, but if not, it's possible the P.O. installed a switch-driven fan and that sucker is burnin' your battery up lol

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Sounds like a dumb statement, but if you have an e-fan controlled by a switch, you could've left it on. You didn't mention if you are the first owner, but if not, it's possible the P.O. installed a switch-driven fan and that sucker is burnin' your battery up lol

thats something i had been thinking it might be. but it doesnt seem as though he really wants to find out as he hasnt came back oh well.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts