Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Air Con

'02 XLT Air con only blows through the defrost vents. it blows cold, and the second and third row units blow ok (it's child proof, so the kids had to show me how to work the rear a/c). as long as i'm going to be sweating my arse off with the window fix, i may as well see if I can break the dash too, er i mean fix the a/c. any tips would be greatly appreciated.

PS the last shop manual i bought was for '71 VDub. Who prints a good book these days?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I have a Chilton but everyone else seems to have a Haynes.

Ryan

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Haynes bought out Chilton a few years back...and after looking at the two...there's hardly no difference anymore.....I'd be willing to guess brittle vacuum line is the culprit..I also heard something about a check valve around the heater box that messes up sometimes and won't let it switch the vents....you could always ziptie the little vacuum actuated thing that opens the flapper to switch it from vent to defrost that's mounted on top of the heater box......

i may just do that. we use the defrost maybe 2-3 times a year. we need the a/c 10 months out of the year. thanks again Jr.

Side Rant: I swear the prevoius owner didn't live near the coast they must of lived just off the coast. this thing has more rust than an Ohio junk yard. and in the weirdest places too...

radialarm

Clown of Death!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts