Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Difference between mirrors?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Today I was looking at the mirrors on my truck.The driver's side is a factory mirror off a Bronco.The passenger side is aftermarket,but I don't remember if it was off an F150 or F250.I noticed that the mounts are the same on both mirrors,however the passenger side aftermarket mirror sits higher than the other mirror.I've seen alot of pics of F150 and F250 swing type mirrors,and to me,it looks like the F250 mirrors are bigger.My question is whether or not the F250 mirrors are bigger than the F150 and Bronco?Or is my passenger side mirror bigger just because it's aftermarket.If pics help,here you go...

Here's the driver's side...

modelsandemblems981.jpg

And the passenger side....

modelsandemblems982.jpg

Thanks ya'll.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
It may just be the angle, but it looks like the top mounting bracket sticks straight out on the drivers side, but is angled up on the passengers side.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
It may just be the angle, but it looks like the top mounting bracket sticks straight out on the drivers side, but is angled up on the passengers side.

I think it's just the angle.In person they're pointed in the same angle.One thing I can notice is that the arm on the passenger side mirror is bigger than on the driver' side.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
The pass side top mount is flipped over vs. the driver side. That is accounted for by the arm being larger so it mounts in the same holes.

I can only tell you there was a lot of variety in mirrors during the 80's. I'm not aware of any differences between F150s and F250s.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I knew it looked different, but I didnt look hard enough.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
The pass side top mount is flipped over vs. the driver side. That is accounted for by the arm being larger so it mounts in the same holes.

I can only tell you there was a lot of variety in mirrors during the 80's. I'm not aware of any differences between F150s and F250s.

Yea I knew about that.I personally hate that mirror.When I find an original Ford for that side i'm gonna take that one off in a heartbeat.

But thanks ya'll for the help.Hopefully someone on here knows.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
PM me with your address. If you pay the postage I'll send you an original that's been sitting on the shelf. It's used, but in nice shape. The head will need to be replaced - somebody put an earlier 70's style mirror head on it. Only thing missing is the plastic insert that goes against the door.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts