Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

looking for a good door man

the doors on my 53 need re-skinned. i can do them my self but don't have the time and i'm sure there is someone out there that could do alot better job.if you folks know someone out there that has alot of experience doing the lower half of 53-56 door send them my way.
thanks david

door skins

Hi David
I've been looking for the same thing. At least I did in the past with my current 58F100, and I never did find anything. Maybe we'll have bettter luck now. I ended up using the existing OEM skins, but I had to use a lot more filler and I had to weld a metal bar inside the door skin to support it because it was so
damaged I could never get it stable. Its working but I'm not proud of it. It might all fall apart someday, but looks good for now. I was expectlng to find some place that I could order them -like a patch panel etc. But I guess I'm expecting too much. I didn't look all that hard though. Maybe this time it will be better. Good luck. Tom
DSCN2218.jpg

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
The only places I know of to tell you is LMC Dennis Carpenter and NPD..
Other then that you might have some luck looking on Ebay or junk yards.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts