Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

paint!!!!!!! WHAT DO YALL THINK

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
alright yall im bout to send my boy of to the paint shop to get a new paint job and i want to keep some sort of blue incoporated cuz me and my grandpa named it old blue when we first got it and its been blue since he rolled outa the assembly plant...should i go w a drk blue/black 2 tone seperated by a silver pinstripe on the body line? or should i keep it original and go drk blue w a cream white roof for a nostalgic look?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Personally I like dark colors on a street truck (says the guy who owns a white truck). If it were between those two options, I'd go with the black and blue. Then you can name it "The Bruise!" :rofl:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I really like the blue/light color look.

I've never been much of a fan of "cream" as a color, though...so I'd probably do blue and silver or blue and white.

rambler

New Shoes......
maybe you can find someone with photoshop, to run some color examples for your truck,, I wish I had that program and the skill some people have with it.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
ill c if i can find me a bootleg copy of photoshop and try them out

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I've always loved these colors here....

16053.jpg

Here's the color combo on an 80-86...

207337520390q.jpg

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
im kinda leanin toward the retro idea ill probably stick w the same scheme just diff colors if u look at my avatar u can kinda get an idea of what im going for..... if i end up goin the retro way...what do yall think abt white wall tires

Ford Truck Articles