Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Front End Replacement

Storm

Next month I'm ordering a new front end and the M15000 Warn winch.. Curious to what ya'll think.. This is the original bumper I was looking at

http://www.arbusa.com/bull_bar_sahara.php

I like it.. It's awesome but I'm wondering how much a full front end is worth.. Would you say they are much more stronger then the factory bumper and a grill guard that has a winch plate on it? Wondering which would benefit me more.. Savings would only be couple hundred bucks if I went grill guard route instead of full front replacement..

:nana:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Would you say they are much more stronger then the factory bumper and a grill guard that has a winch plate on it? Wondering which would benefit me more.. Savings would only be couple hundred bucks if I went grill guard route instead of full front replacement.
Storm, I know a couple guys that four wheel in our area that have them. One on a jeep and one on a landcruiser and they LOVE them for the protection. The jeep one told me he nailed a tree and it didn't even scuff it. Normally, like our front bumpers, they don't do too well for protection on the sides. They're flimsy and not heavily reinforced outside the frame rails, but the ARB's and a few other copies, are thick all the way out and designed to take a hit. If I could afford one, I would. Only other issue I have is the weight they add. Every 100 pounds costs tenth of a second. :)

Storm

Storm, I know a couple guys that four wheel in our area that have them. One on a jeep and one on a landcruiser and they LOVE them for the protection. The jeep one told me he nailed a tree and it didn't even scuff it. Normally, like our front bumpers, they don't do too well for protection on the sides. They're flimsy and not heavily reinforced outside the frame rails, but the ARB's and a few other copies, are thick all the way out and designed to take a hit. If I could afford one, I would. Only other issue I have is the weight they add. Every 100 pounds costs tenth of a second. :)

Thats what I figured.. I think I'm going to go this route.. I talked to ARB USA here and they said it weighs about 140-150lbs.. Not too bad.. I can get one from a shop at 1046.99 shipped freight to my door.. Not bad considering 4 wheel puke wants like $1400 for it..

I don't see on that link where it says what the bumper itself is made out of. Am I just missing it?

The tube is 3" chrome. No clue how thick it is or what material.

ARB is a well known brand, but I would want to know before spending that kind of cash.

Storm

I don't see on that link where it says what the bumper itself is made out of. Am I just missing it?

The tube is 3" chrome. No clue how thick it is or what material.

ARB is a well known brand, but I would want to know before spending that kind of cash.

http://www.arbusa.com/bull_bars_bumpers.php

That link has the production info on how it's made..

It does not say what the thickness the metal or what the material is. It says the tube is 0.1" wall thickness.

I am sure it is made well. It says how it it made. ARB is a name brand as far as lockers. Powder coating holds up well.

As far as looks, it looks great. YelloThumbUp

I think you will be quite happy with it. Most anything is heavier than stock.

The aftermarket (stock replacement) bumpers are real thin. I would use aftermarket fenders/hoods, but I will never use a replacement bumper again.

By aftermarket I mean the body shop replacement parts. Not what you are looking at.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts