Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

302 questions.

So Heres what I've got and what I want to do:

The subject: 73 F-100, driver, the 302 has E7 heads, D3 2bbl intake and I'm goint to guess that the block matches the 87 heads.
Its definitly a strong runner even with just the little ole 2100 carb, but I've gotten used to my healthy 390 so I want this thing to do a little more than it is now.

What I'm thinking: I've got a perfect 650 'brock 4bbl thats on my 390(not gonna be using it for awhile) so I definitly want to go 4bbl, but what intake should I get? Does it really matter that much?
Also I'm thinking some headers will help me out pretty easily to. I'll prolly go with shortys there.
I know it'll never be anything like the big block, but I figure it can get alot better.

I've already gone through and put all new gaskets in the top end, and everything down below looked awesome(I think this motor only has around 20k on it.

I'll post a pic of it here in a bit.

Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
headers 4 barrel 650 sounds good...open up the exhaust a little....might also wanna look into a cam but you'll have to pull block castings to find out for sure what year the block is to determine the style of came...numbers should be above where the starter mounts.Clean engine ya got there too.You've also got a decent set of heads.However, opening the exhaust and throwing a mild cam would probly do it ALOT of good.Anymore questions just ask and NICE truck.....

just a 4v and shorty heads will wake it up... any header will be better than the stock logs!

Hey thanks guys, thats what I was thinking on the 4bbl and shortys. Its already running 2" dual straight pipes, so the flow is there, and it sounds good.

I should have put a cam in when I tore it apart(also why it looks so clean :D) for the head gaskets, oh well.

Also on the block numbers, do I need to pull the started to see them?

Thanks dor the compliments!! And to make ya drool even more I got the truck free :D

I forgot, any suggestions on a good intake?

Thanks again, Gabe

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Edelbrock performer will do you just fine.Carb is pretty much your choice.No you should not have to pull the starter to see but it may be a possibility. I know what you mean about the cam.....did the saaaame thing.

Sweet, Thanks a ton for the info!

Gabe

Holy cow, so I'm getting an aluminum Ford overseas racing 4bbl intake for this thing! It is awesome, I'll post some pics and part numbers when I get it!

Holy cow, so I'm getting an aluminum Ford overseas racing 4bbl intake for this thing! It is awesome, I'll post some pics and part numbers when I get it!

Lets hope is a dual plane and not a single plane like a vic jr.

sweet man you steal it or pay full?

Got A sweet deal on it, I'm trading a set of stainless exhaust tips off my 67 for it!
The guy said he also might have some headers he'd give me...

And I don't remember if its a dual plane or single...

If it's a single plane it will kill your 302 below 3500rpms not worth it unless you could trade it for a performer or performer rpm

Ahhh, I see thanks for the tip, I'll post some pics when I get it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts