Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Electrical Gremlin

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
First things first:

2006 F350 PSD Crew Cab Lariat FX4 with everything but sunroof and navigation.

Ok now that is out of the way. Yesterday, for the first time that I noticed anyways, My Climate control module (Trying to sound smart here...the AC thingy) did not come on when I turned the truck on. I noticed it as I started sticking to my seat in the HOT CA weather. I pushed all the buttons and no response from it for either heat or AC. I also got no response from the steering wheel mounted controls.

I got home, frustrated and hot, and wanted to figure out what the problem was. My first thought was a fuse, as that is about as far as my mechanical knowledge goes anyways. I turned the truck off, let it sit for about 5 seconds and then cranked it back on. Climate control module thing fired up and worked great.

This morning same situation. Got up to take my son to school. Worked fine. Got back in the truck to come home and nothing. Got home turned truck off and then on again and it worked. Has worked fine the 3 other times I have gone somewhere and gotten out and back in today.

Any ideas?

I am due for my 21,000 mile service anyways so I am going to get that scheduled at the dealership, but I thought ifcould have an idea what the issue might be.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
First things first:

2006 F350 PSD Crew Cab Lariat FX4 with everything but sunroof and navigation.

Ok now that is out of the way. Yesterday, for the first time that I noticed anyways, My Climate control module (Trying to sound smart here...the AC thingy) did not come on when I turned the truck on. I noticed it as I started sticking to my seat in the HOT CA weather. I pushed all the buttons and no response from it for either heat or AC. I also got no response from the steering wheel mounted controls.

I got home, frustrated and hot, and wanted to figure out what the problem was. My first thought was a fuse, as that is about as far as my mechanical knowledge goes anyways. I turned the truck off, let it sit for about 5 seconds and then cranked it back on. Climate control module thing fired up and worked great.

This morning same situation. Got up to take my son to school. Worked fine. Got back in the truck to come home and nothing. Got home turned truck off and then on again and it worked. Has worked fine the 3 other times I have gone somewhere and gotten out and back in today.

Any ideas?

I am due for my 21,000 mile service anyways so I am going to get that scheduled at the dealership, but I thought ifcould have an idea what the issue might be.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Sounds like the Automatic CC module is going bad, there have been some reports of this, dealer more than likely will have to replace the Automatic CC module. I think there may even be a TSB on this, i will see if i can find it.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I'll have to agree on it Aaron. The steering wheel controls go through the climate control module as well.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
go get a new control head. i have replaced several. if you need it to come back on, pull the fuse(s) for it and reinstall them after a minute or two and it should fire back up.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts