Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351W+Tranny. combo weight

How heavy is the 351W+C6 combo? I'm pulling the motor out of a truck tomorrow morning, and I'm using the left rear cylinder head as one of the anchor points. I used the bolt hole that was used for a ground. I Put a longer bolt in it, probably threaded in about 3/4"-1" with the chain right up against the block... Should be easily strong enough to support the engine+tranny. combo... Don't ya think?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd imagine so...don't have any actual numbers...but you're definitely under 750lbs.

Fellro

Staff member
Should be fine, as long as the bolt is threaded in far enough. That is the only time I ever had a problem, I didn't get the bolt in far enough, and it ripped out the last threads, snapped the end off the crank on an FE... I would say in the neighborhood of 750.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
i would have said thats fine since i took out the 351, ZF 5speed and T case all connected by a single pick point off the oil pan and someone holding the T case lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts