Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

any year not to get

I have had two f150s and i am looking to get my first F250. I have my eye on a 2005 or 2006 crew cab 4x4 deisel. Are there any years I should stay away from or any specific problems i should look for? Any help would be great. I will be happy getiing back into a truck.

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have had two f150s and i am looking to get my first F250. I have my eye on a 2005 or 2006 crew cab 4x4 deisel. Are there any years I should stay away from or any specific problems i should look for? Any help would be great. I will be happy getiing back into a truck.
From 05 model years and up 6.0s is pretty safe. Ask any of our local techs and we'll run an oasis on any potential purchases.

i have heard of head gasket issues. any truth to this? the truck i am looking at has 60,000 miles which i know isnt that many for a deisel but are there any major parts that need servicing around that time that are specific to the deisel? Thanks for the info. Just rtying to make an educated purchase and I know forum are the best way to get that education.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts