Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tire applicator?

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Anyone ever use one of those applicators to put on tire protectant?

They look like a sponge with a handle.

I usually just spray it on but with the new wheels a little overspray causes extra work on keeping the wheels shiny.

You can get a cheaper version in the houseware Aisles, around the brushes and toilet bowl cleaners. Just a stick and a sponge, kinda like Ryan on a date...
:rofl:
Honestly, though, yes, with alum wheels especially, gotta watch out for overspray. However, all is not lost! If you DO get protectant on the wheel, just use a bit of windex on a cloth to remove it, and clean up the wheel at the same time. It won't hurt any polish on the wheel.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Yeah, we sell the small sponge brushes in the paint department. You'll find them at nearly every hardware store.

Ryan

ACarbone624

I Love My Ford Truck!
I just bought some at AutoZone last night. $2.50 for a 2 pack. made by Eagle 1. They work very well. I can't spray the tire dressing near my chrome rims because it always gets on them.

I measured and cut out a sturdy piece of cardboard the same diameter of the rim and glued a small piece of wood the center. Just hold up the cardboard (using piece of wood) to the rim and spray on your tire dressing. Works great and the cardboard lasts a lot longer than you would think, I've had mine for about 2 years now.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I measured and cut out a sturdy piece of cardboard the same diameter of the rim and glued a small piece of wood the center. Just hold up the cardboard (using piece of wood) to the rim and spray on your tire dressing. Works great and the cardboard lasts a lot longer than you would think, I've had mine for about 2 years now.
What a brilliant idea!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts