Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1985 F250 4x4

Hi my name is jeremy and i own a 1985 F-250 4x4 with a built 460 motor. I just recently came across a 4-speed tranny and transfer case everything matches mine pretty much besides a few wires and was wondering if anyone has every replaced a c-6 transmisson with a 4-speed manual on this kind of truck and could tell me possibly which wires go to what and what i can elimenate. If anyone has info on this please let me know.

I don't see why not the only wires on my c6 (1979 model though) are for the neutral saftey switch which would go to the clutch pedal I would think.. Of course you well need the clutch pedal and stuff.

just my 2 cents

Fellro

Staff member
Yep, wire wise, there isn't much. You can do as suggested and use the neutral safety wires for a clutch safety switch, or just hook them back to themselves to bypass the switch and be sure not to forget to push in the pedal... Get all the pedals, master and such, and the trans floor pan section is handy as well. When you put the master cylinder in, be sure to build a backing plate to reinforce the firewall, that is a common problem with these trucks, the firewall cracking through. Ford issued a repair kit for them because of it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts