Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

started a little work

so i finally got around to removing the grille today, so i can try to straighten it out and get it looking good again. boy, if any one else here hasnt had to take it off before, be prepared for a headache! it took me all afternoon to finally get it off, and i left it with many fresh cuts and scrpes and bruised knuckles haha. its finally done though, and should be much easier to put back on once it is straight and i buy nice clean nuts and bolts for it, insead of fighting 50th anniversary rust! it does look sadly naked though, as shows the first picture.

i do have a question after all this though. how on earth do i remove the little turnsignal housing?! not sure if thats what it is called, but it is the red part around the signal in the second picture. i removed all 4 bolts you can see, and one more from the underside that cant be seen, and it wouldnt come off. there was a brack coming from another piece of the body going up near it, but as far as i can tell its not bolted on, or welded together, but it does move when i press on the signal housing.

Attachments

• DSC00198.JPG
  • DSC00199.JPG
Grille removal 101 ana half

Next time you should try using an acetylene torch to cut the bolts out, then the grille will fall on the ground. Quick & easy. Ha! Never mind I'm just full of stupid humor !! LOL an all that. :rofl:
I had a nice 59 F100,SWB, 6 cyl. It was a very nice truck and I drove it everywhere (Late 60s). A friend had a 59 F250 with a flat bed and a 352- Granny 4-speed, it was driven all over carrying a heavy load, (he was into Silver Mining). Good Luck with your truck, Spike

ya im having the same problem on the fender and front end bolts for my 55 there the stupid bolts that have that square part on the head thats "supposed" to fit into the square cut out on the fender and not turn well that might have worked 50 years ago but rust and people cranking down to hard on them rounds out that whole real easy so know i have to try and be both on top and underneith the fenders at the same time hahaha gotta love the truck or it wouldnt be worth it

i did end up just cutting off some of the real tough ones. i'm gonna be buying all new nuts and bolts anyways to make it cleaner and easier.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts