Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ben got me thinking...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok so all bens talk about his springs made me look real hard at mine. I have noticed here lately that my pass side rear is sitting way lower than the other three corners. I always passed it off as sitting in a crooked driveway. then I measured it on a level parking lot....

Pass Front--->41.75" from ground to the top of the arch of the fender flare

Driver Front---->41.75" same measure

Driver Rear----->42.25" same spot

Pass Rear----> 40.5" OMG! WTF?

Didn't see any broke springs but I'm not liking this at all.

Any suggestions?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
is that where the as tank is?? a ful of tank can weigh some.. and overtime cause something to the springs just whati think im not shure

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
First off...I was getting worried when I saw my name in the title...we all know what happened last time. No real suggestions, but I will say I have noticed on a lot of Ford's the passenger side of the box droops...and there may not be anything wrong with it. Example...Thunder (96 CC) was ordered from the factory by my dad, and we were there when it was unloaded off the truck, and from that day...the passenger side of the box has drooped about an inch lower than the driver's side. Never gotten worse, never gotten better. No one seems to know the answer why, but I have noticed this on alot of trucks. I'm not trying to sound like I'm saying...oh this is normal and how Ford did it, cuz there may be a problem...but I'm just stating what I've noticed with a lot of Ford's new or old.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Gas tank is excuse #1 I'd look at. The second idea is just worn springs. My springs wore out and have been getting lower for years until they finally broke this winter.

Ryan

Poor poor Likeastone....dumass blames it on "springs"......tell him it's the BUSHINGS you poor limp bastard!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HEY.......just because I take 2 hrs to pee at 2am doesn't mean I can't win.....it's hormonal....damn commies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
you, too, are about to get some nasty man-love pictures in your inbox.

Ryan

Sorry...you left yourself wide open for it. I will gladly retreat now.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Tank is on the other side. just pisses me off more than anything. I would say the springs are bad on that side. Oh well guess I'll have to get the lift now.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Tank is on the other side. just pisses me off more than anything. I would say the springs are bad on that side. Oh well guess I'll have to get the lift now.

Aww schucks...I guess you're arm is twisted. Maybe it's divine intervention.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Could be. now just convincing the wife of that divine stuff! LOL

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Try taking measurements with you sitting in it...I bet it level's out then. smilieeatndrink

Maybe Ford did that, so it would look level going down the road? [confused] :D:D

check tred depth.. they look new, but still..

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Its supposed to be a nasty weekend here so I will check it out this week.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
My truck leans to the Passenger side and I have no idea why.
I don't really notice it while i'm driving so I don't really give it much thought..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
My truck leans to the Passenger side and I have no idea why.
I don't really notice it while i'm driving so I don't really give it much thought..

Did you see my thread about Red...I noticed she started sagging too...the same way...I guess as all ol' girls get older things start sagging.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
My bed doesn't sit correctly either. It's off by an inch.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts