Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

look what i found..( now if i only had the money...)

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
well i was driving around at work and passed this on the side of the road and decided to stop. its a 1970 Ford F-100 Ranger edition heavy duty. i believe its a 2wd. it has a ford 9" in the back. everything seems to be stock. has minor rust with a few holes here and there but looks damn good inside! good solid truck for the most part...too bad i dont have the cash!...smiliepeelout

0326091211.jpg

0326091211a.jpg

0326091211b.jpg

0326091212.jpg

0326091212a.jpg

0326091212b.jpg

0326091213a.jpg

0326091213b.jpg

0326091213c.jpg

0326091213d.jpg

0326091213e.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not bad...looks like a reeeeeeeal solid truck for the area...did someone keep it locked in a garage for 40 years? Seriously though, wait til you move further south...you find trucks like that all the time for half the price.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I didn't think they made camper specials till bout 75 or 76....gawd that's a clean truck.....

They made all sorts of stuff...ranch hand is another that comes to mind...I'm sure Dennis would know all the packages available.

C/S??

Camper Specials go back to '68 or more. I don't think they were done in 1/2 tons though,EVERY one I've seen is 3/4 or 1ton. That steering wheel don't look like '70 either.

And if it has a new motor in it, how come we cant see it?

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
its a new engine with not all the parts included.

I believe a short block is, the block, crank, rods, pistons. thats it.

they made a rancher special, contractor special. camper special, and a few others.

its not worth 4k up here. maybe 1-2k

its a new engine with not all the parts included.

I believe a short block is, the block, crank, rods, pistons. thats it.

they made a rancher special, contractor special. camper special, and a few others.

its not worth 4k up here. maybe 1-2k

So what parts does a long block not include?

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
right off hand i dont remember. i think it comes with everything the short block does, with heads and seats, valves but no rocker assemblys.

not sure exactly i kinda left that answer open for somebody to interject and correct me or add to it.

right off hand i dont remember. i think it comes with everything the short block does, with heads and seats, valves but no rocker assemblys.

not sure exactly i kinda left that answer open for somebody to interject and correct me or add to it.

Okay, makes sense. I hate rocker assemblies, they suck to set up and get right... :p

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Not bad...looks like a reeeeeeeal solid truck for the area...did someone keep it locked in a garage for 40 years? Seriously though, wait til you move further south...you find trucks like that all the time for half the price.

That's a pretty solid truck. I think If I didn't find my 77, I would have restored my brothers 69 F100 4x4. He sold that though. I really like the looks of those trucks and that interior is awesome.

I had actually thought about taking a vacation somewhere down south and just spend a week or 2 just looking around and if I found a nice rust free good looking truck, I'd just drive it home.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's a pretty solid truck. I think If I didn't find my 77, I would have restored my brothers 69 F100 4x4. He sold that though. I really like the looks of those trucks and that interior is awesome.

I had actually thought about taking a vacation somewhere down south and just spend a week or 2 just looking around and if I found a nice rust free good looking truck, I'd just drive it home.

I always liked the bumps too...had Red not been my first truck...you'd probably see me over in the bumpside forum. As for the vacation...you know my door is always open to go dentside hunting...there are plenty of them around...not too many from the generation before or after though.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts