Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Email notifications

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is someone pulling switches and pushing buttons again? I'm set up for instant email notification, and I'm getting the notifications about 6 hours late now...some of the notifications are in bulk and then other notifications are sent one right after each other as soon as I delete one from my inbox. I just got done deleting about 120 emails in the last 20 minutes. Any ideas?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I know there was some sort of mail server error in the past that they had to do a trouble ticket for with the ISP. Maybe the issue has reared it's ugly head again.

I don't get email notifications except admin stuff so I have not had that issue.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright...looks like it may have been corrected...woke up to 214 emails...haha.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright...it seems to be working fine now. Is that something happening from my end? If so, the IT department was probably doing some maintenance and I just missed the memo.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
It may have been, never had issue before but had several mail failure notifications for notifications that were being sent to you. Didn't have any from anyone else.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Don't mean to sound like I'm whining...but no more notifications again...I've gotten about 3 notifications in the last 2 hours, even though there have been way more reponses. Obviously, I see the responses through the new posts feature or my CP...so not a problem. It's just getting bulk emails is a little annoying.

While I'm talking about notifications...I have noticed something else, and wondered about. Since I joined this site, the email notifications say that I'm notified, and I won't get another another notification about the thread until I visit it again. With some threads, that holds true, but with others I get notified for every response even if I haven't visited that thread yet. It's no big deal, but I always wondered why that happened.

Email notifications are a pain in the butt - why don't you just use your user cp? All of your subscribed threads show up in bold font when there is a new post, and you don't have to go through the hassle of deleting all of those emails.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Email notifications are a pain in the butt - why don't you just use your user cp? All of your subscribed threads show up in bold font when there is a new post, and you don't have to go through the hassle of deleting all of those emails.

Only reason I keep the email notifications is because sometimes if I've been logged off for a while the new posts don't show up in my CP or New Posts...kinda like there's an expiration on the length it will remember new posts. Say I go to bed, and wake up, my CP will only show a couple threads, but in reality there are 20 threads with new posts...and the same with the New Posts feature. If there's a way to change that in my user CP...lemme know.

Only reason I keep the email notifications is because sometimes if I've been logged off for a while the new posts don't show up in my CP or New Posts...kinda like there's an expiration on the length it will remember new posts. Say I go to bed, and wake up, my CP will only show a couple threads, but in reality there are 20 threads with new posts...and the same with the New Posts feature. If there's a way to change that in my user CP...lemme know.
sounds like you've got a problem. if i'm gone for the weekend, my user cp/new posts will show everything from several days ago

Edit Options - under Thread Display Options you can change the Default Thread Age Cutoff to anywhere from "last day" to "show all threads".

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Edit Options - under Thread Display Options you can change the Default Thread Age Cutoff to anywhere from "last day" to "show all threads".

Thought that was gonna be it Steve...but it is set to 'show all threads.' Oh well...not a big deal, it's not like the world will end. It's not like it's keeping me from posting or anything...just being greedy and trying to take advantage of all the convenience this site offers.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Don't mean to sound like I'm whining...but no more notifications again...I've gotten about 3 notifications in the last 2 hours, even though there have been way more reponses. Obviously, I see the responses through the new posts feature or my CP...so not a problem. It's just getting bulk emails is a little annoying.

While I'm talking about notifications...I have noticed something else, and wondered about. Since I joined this site, the email notifications say that I'm notified, and I won't get another another notification about the thread until I visit it again. With some threads, that holds true, but with others I get notified for every response even if I haven't visited that thread yet. It's no big deal, but I always wondered why that happened.

The e-mail notifications are getting delayed/blocked/ and sent back from your e-mail server. They've been going out they're just not getting to you.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts