Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Spied! New Ford Scorpion Diesel Underhood Photos

Spied! New Ford Scorpion Diesel Underhood Photos

6a00d83451b3c669e2011279648b4428a4-800wi

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
i really hope they actually bring this out....as well as the 4.4L f-150 diesel engine

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
390hp/720 ft/lbs. Wow.

So let me get this right, the heads are backwards of what I'm used to dealing with on a gasser? There's a turbo in the center valley of the engine??

Ryan

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Oh... I didn't know that..
SOme thing i've all ways wounder, why do they all ways go with a v8 and not a I6, can get allot more tq..

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Vince-
they mention that the grille on the newest one is back to being separate from the hood. Aside from style issues, does it matter? Is one or the other easier to get to underhood parts when you're working, or otherwise significant when you're working on it?

(I'm guessing having the grille attached to the hood is easier, but I've never worked on one, so I don't know.)

blacksnapon

Staff member
Vince-
they mention that the grille on the newest one is back to being separate from the hood. Aside from style issues, does it matter? Is one or the other easier to get to underhood parts when you're working, or otherwise significant when you're working on it?

(I'm guessing having the grille attached to the hood is easier, but I've never worked on one, so I don't know.)
There's advantages and disadvantages to both. The grille on the hood cause bumps on your head (can't tell you how many times I've bumped mine), and its easy to get your feet into the intercooler when standing on the bumper. But there's more room for access without a grille there.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Maybe I'll sell my truck for a down payment on one of those....I'm gonna go ahead and change my sig....gawd that is a nasty motor...I hope they take mods better than the 6.0 did.........I saw sumthing about a 6 speed auto but what about a manual.....and what case do they plan on using?I'd be happy with a base model truck...no electric 4wd ha ha ha ha....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts