Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ford passenger door trim removal

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
First of all...Welcome aboard man. Glad you decided to join us.

I moved your post into the Explorer forum hoping to get you the answer your lookin for.

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Sorry for the delay...been on vacation. Welcome to FTF and the Explorer forum!

Pop off the small panel around the handle. Work it off (just pull the handle like you're opening the door and it'll come right off). Remove the two screws adjacent to this panel.

Starting at the bottom, slide a cloth-covered screwdriver under the plastic panel and slowly, gently work it out. The panel is held in with 8 plastic fasteners:

universal%20push%20clip.gif

They're easy to damage so expect to replace them all or you can get some nasty rattles (trust me on this one).

Once you've released the bottom, front, and rear of the door, you can look lift it gently up and off.

You'll either have to hold it with your knees or get someone to help you so you can disconnect the power mirror connection (one plug and only on the driver's side) and either disconnect the power windows/locks or remove the entire panel (it just snaps in to the door).

You can then remove the entire panel and do whatever (replacing the speakers I'm assuming).

Hope it helps. Sorry I don't have pics...I did this again just last week to fix the rattle I mentioned earlier and I wish I had got some.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts